Sunday 18 November 2012

November Take Twelve

Another finished layout for Ella Publishing's Take Twelve Photo Challenge.


This month, the 12th was a Monday. I'm not a big fan of Monday's - truth be told, it's probably my least favourite day of the week. Knowing this and the fact we had a pretty busy schedule I took some photos the day before, on the 11th. Lucky for me, the weather was almost identical so it's quite possible that all these could have been taken on the 12th! But that will be our little secret!! {wink}


Steve on the ladder

leaves in the bag - LOVE this shot!!
Our 'antique' Trouble game - the popper is huge!!

Not knowing what I was going to do with my photos this month I had them printed in both the 4x6 and 4x6 'two up' size like I've printed in the past.  

Looking for inspiration, I flipped through the previous layouts I've completed for the Take Twelve Challenge and was instantly drawn to the very first one I did about loving the colour Red. I decided to copy it. It made cropping photos to the right size really easy, although I will admit it took me some time to figure out which photo to use where.  


 I sanded the edges of all the photos before adhering them on the ledger style background paper. I do this almost all the time, as I really like how it makes them pop off the page.


I searched for a sticker pack that had almost all the letters I needed for my title. Missing the R and T, I rummaged through my bins of chipboard and found what I needed. A little Shabby Shutters (green) Distress ink brought them to life. A white Signo pen was used to trace around the letters, making them pop off the dark background, just like the photos.  


I needed some colour. So I searched my colour bins in green, yellow and orange looking for bits I could add as clusters to the layout.

The yellow measuring tape was a find at Fabricland a year or so ago. The green scroll was a die cut title that said "Father". I trimmed it in half and covered the part I didn't want to show with the scrap of orange paper I punched with the notebook hole punch. Once layered, I knew the clusters needed a bit more detail and interest, so I grabbed some brown floss and added some simple stitching. 

I finished the layout with a few journal strips that told a simple version of the story....and called it done!!

What about you? Are you taking the Take Twelve Photo Challenge? Have you finished your layout yet?

Enjoy,
~J 

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty layout. I love the color combo.

    ReplyDelete